GFYS A-Hit Vitamin A Booster Serum
This product is currently sold out.
We recommend this for
If you're someone who is looking for some serious support for fine lines, age spots, signs of sun damage. If you want to clarify and control blemishes after you have exhausted all avenues (ie ditched your foaming cleansers, wipes and toners, are using vitamins B and C and a chemical exfoliator) and still have problems. (We tread carefully in recommending Retinol in younger skins as it can over-stimulate skin and make skin photo-sensitive - which is unnecessary stress for skin when there are more gentle ways to try first.)
Aside from SPF for preventing UV induced ageing, Retinol is our number one recommendation. Retinol is a derivative of Vitamin A and is fantastic ingredient for managing acne and for anyone over the age of 30 for managing acne to have in their tool kit - but it’s important to be informed about how to use it correctly as it is a powerful.
Retinol helps regulate your skins production of healthy skin cells. In acne it slows things down so fewer dead skin cells are trapped in the pores. In ageing skin, it accelerates cell turnover, bringing fresh healthy skin cells to the surface faster, leading to a reduction in fine lines, more even skin tone and brighter complexion. It also helps repair damaged cell DNA while you sleep. Also, it smells and feels amazing!
How we use it
Start once a week for one week, then twice a week for two weeks, then three times a week for three weeks, and so forth. This way we can see how your skin reacts to it. Always use this product at night and use an SPF during the day.
What to expect
- Fewer breakouts and reduced inflammation.
- Retinol helps with new cell turnover, with discolouration from dark spots, with fine lines and wrinkles.
- Retinol is known to make you photosensitive and can cause irritation so introduce slowly and also pair it with an SPF during the daytime.
Mrs Ritchie's tip
With heavier hitting products like a retinol, there really is no rush. Ease your way in to make sure your skin stays happy and you will reap the long-term benefits. A-hit is buffered with beautiful oils rich in omegas to support the skin and also makes the journey easier.
Full ingredient list
- Stimulates fibroblasts (cells that produce collagen and elastin) and skin cell DNA to repair UV-induced cell damage, inhibit cell breakdown and stimulate healthy skin cell renewal: restoring dermal thickness to more youthful levels and reducing fine lines
- Increases skin’s nutrient and immune support: vitamin A is essential for healthy skin cell DNA synthesis and is a powerful antioxidant.
-Reduces age spots and reverses sun damage – by evenly sloughing hyperpigmented cells in addition to reversing UV-damage done to skin cells (which otherwise results in continued hyperpigmentation); plus inhibits the enzyme tyrosinase, to reduce melanosome size and melanin ‘clumps’.
-Up-regulates cell turnover to reduce fine lines, ‘crepeyness’ and roughness in ageing skin; down-regulates cell turnover for better health in acne skins (too-high turnover traps cells in follicles and causes congestion)
- Acts on sebocytes (cells that make up the sebaceous glands) to regulate oil levels
- Antibacterial action reduces Propionibacterium acnes (P. acnes) that build in blocked follicles
- Promotes healthy blood vessel formation and decreases capillary dilation in rosacea patients.
- Inhibition of sebocyte differentiation decreases sebum production, leading to refined pores with a matte appearance.
Aqua, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Seed Oil, Sorbitan Stearate, Sorbitan Olivate, Squalane, Polysorbate 20, Retinol, Cetearyl Olivate, Xanthan Gum, Limonene, Ethylhexylglycerin, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Picea mariana (Black spruce) Oil, Foeniculum Vulgare Dulce (Sweet Fennel) Oil, Litsea cubeba (May Chang) Oil, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Oil, Coriandrum Sativum (Coriander Seed) Oil, Citrus Aurantium Amara (Petitgrain) Oil, Linalool, Citral, Geraniol, Phenoxyethanol
All GFYS products are healthy, FREE from potentially harmful ingredients including: • Parabens • SLS or other sodium sulfates • Phthalates • PEG’s • Propylene glycol • Artificial colours • Synthetic fragrances • Talc • Dimethicone • Chemical sunscreens.
We don't want anything standing between you and the best skin you've ever had!
Orders placed Monday to Thursday before 1pm will be delivered in the UK the next working day.
FREE DELIVERY for orders over £70.
Next day Tracked and Signed for Delivery: Monday to Friday only.
Next day SATURDAY delivery is available for deliveries placed before 1pm Friday at a cost displayed to you at checkout.
European Tracked and Signed for Delivery. Items will be delivered within 5 working days. A signature is required.