ESSE Defence Moisturiser
This product is currently sold out.
We recommend this
If you you are looking for a a daily moisturiser and SPF in one that protects from pollution damage while boosting your good skin bacteria.
One of our client ESSE favourites, this all-rounder moisturiser offers base level UVA/UVB protection and environmental repair while being a great daytime moisturiser. It won't clog your pores, gives you an extra protective boost with help from Devil's claw, which helps slow the ageing process and Kigelia is added to firm the skin and improve elasticity..
How we use it
DAY +/or NIGHT
Twice daily, apply over face, neck and décolleté with light, upward strokes. Best when used after toner application to boost hydration
What to expect
- All round protection from pollutants in a nourishing but light formulation.
- A positive shift to microbial populations for a healthy, radiant skin.
- Provides medium oil hydration.
- Improves skin firmness and elasticity.
- Targets photo-ageing
- Light SPF4 protection form the sun.
Mrs Ritchie's tip
This beloved product can be used as your every day moisturiser, with added protection. Don't forget your ears and behind your neck!.
Full ingredient list
- Manketti and Yangu Oils work together to help block UVA and UVB rays at a low (but natural) SPF factor of around 4.
- Prebiotics, Inulin and α-glucan-oligosaccharides have been included to shift the microbial population in a direction that will reduce inflammation and boost barrier function.
- Probiotics of lysed (broken) and filtered Lactobacillus cells has the ability to improve the beneficial microbial populations on skin by having an anti-microbial effect on opportunistic microbes. The overall effect is to boost skin condition and plump the skin by improving T-junction activity and moisture retention.
- Devil’s Claw extract with harpagoside and related compounds permeate the stratum corneum and reduce immunoreactive compounds to help with the protection of elastin and collagen.
- Kigelia extract has a strong firming effect on the skin. Results are seen after two weeks of continuous use.
- Low Molecular Mass Hyaluronic Acid levels in this product are high. A strong hydrating and anti-wrinkle effect will be seen.
- Olive Leaf Extract, Vitamin C and E are antioxidants, they bind to free radicals that cause premature ageing.
- Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Extract*, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Squalane, Isoamyl Laurate, Harpagophytum Procumbens (Devil’s Claw) Root Extract*, Glycerin**, Butyrospermum (Shea) Parkii Butter*, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Propanediol, Alcohol (Ethanol), Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Kigelia Africana Fruit Extract, Inulin, Lactobacillus Ferment, Schinziophyton Rautanenii (Manketti) Seed Oil, Calodendrum Capense (Yangu) Seed Oil, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Stearic Acid, Citrullus Lanatus (Kalahari Melon) Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract, Boswellia Carterii (Frankincense) Oil, Eriocephalus Punctulatus (Cape Chamomile) Leaf Oil, Sodium Phytate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Alpha-Glucan Oligosaccharide, Dehydroxanthan Gum, Sodium Hyaluronate, Lactic Acid, Bisabolol, Pelargonium Graveolens (Rose Geranium) Oil*, Tocopherol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Benzyl Alcohol, Dehydroacetic Acid, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil*, Chamomilla Recutita (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Salvia Triloba (Sage) Extract, Vetiveria Zizanioides (Vetiver) Root Oil, Gamma Decalactone, Hexenol, Limonene***, Linalool***, Citronellol***, Geraniol***
*ingredients from organic farming
**made using organic ingredients
***component of natural essential oils.
All Esse products are healthy, FREE from potentially harmful ingredients including: • Parabens • SLS or other sodium sulfates • Phthalates • PEG’s • Propylene glycol • Artificial colours • Synthetic fragrances • Talc • Dimethicone • Chemical sunscreens.
We don't want anything standing between you and the best skin you've ever had!
Orders placed Monday to Thursday before 1pm will be delivered in the UK the next working day.
FREE DELIVERY for orders over £70.
Next day Tracked and Signed for Delivery: Monday to Friday only.
Next day SATURDAY delivery is available for deliveries placed before 1pm Friday at a cost displayed to you at checkout.
European Tracked and Signed for Delivery. Items will be delivered within 5 working days. A signature is required.