HERO INGREDIENTS + WHY?
With 9% niacinamide - an unbeatable skin strengthener and a rare find in a body lotion.
- Stimulates epidermal ceramide (intercellular lipid) production to keep moisture in the skin, strengthen natural barrier function and improve hydration: reduces sensitivity and discomfort.
- Stimulates collagen by topping up niacinamide (depleted by age) to keep fibroblasts working, for firmer, smoother skin and better elasticity.
- Increases skin's immunity: by helping to prevent UVA light generated reactive oxygen species (a type of free radical), which can cause cell mutations that increase the likelihood of developing cancer. And by helping to prevent the negative impact UV light can have on the immune system (also called UV immumosuppression).
- Reduces existing hyperpigmentation and inhibits transfer of melanosomes (which carry melanin pigment) to the outer skin layer.
- Reduces sebaceous oil production and the subsequent occurrence of acne.
Shea butter; safflower; grape seed, macadamia, sweet almond oils – all rich in EFAs (essential fatty acids) and omega 3, 6 and 9 which are critical in protecting the skin barrier function and conditioning skin
Vitamin E antioxidant D-alpha-tocopherol to moisturise and aid penetration of natural moisturising factors.