HERO INGREDIENTS + WHY
- Natural foaming agent cocoamidopropyl betaine (from coconuts)
- Best quality essential oils bergamot, neroli and mandarin (bergaptene-free, removing photosensitivity issues)
- Natural moisturising agents maintain skin’s protective barrier: ginseng extract, glycerin, jojoba oil and NaPCA (a factor found in the skin, reproduced in the lab as a bio-identical ingredient)
- Vitamin E antioxidant D-alpha-tocopherol to moisturise and aid penetration of natural moisturising factors
PURE C CRYSTALS
100% pure L-ascorbic acid crystals
- Becomes active (and remains stable) in lipid-soluble form in your morning serum; stays in the skin for 72 hours
- New technology delivers the finest grade triple-milled, particles to deliver pure vitamin C therapy at optimal clinical strength
- Sub-micronised particles enable greater skin penetration compared to other forms of L-ascorbic acid currently available, due to a larger surface-area-to-volume-ratio
- The only form of topical vitamin C clinically proven to be effective in skincare (derivatives like ascorbyl palmitate and magnesium ascorbyl phosphate do not increase vitamin C levels in the skin and aren’t supported by the same research)
- Maintains, stimulates and repairs collagen by increasing fibroblast activity and therefore collagen synthesis (fibroblasts are the cells that produce collagen and elastin), helping to minimise fine lines, wrinkles and scars and leading to better skin texture and stronger, healthier skin
- Topical vitamin C protects against and reduces damage to skin cells that results in premature ageing. It neutralises free radicals produced when sunlight interacts with the cell membrane and other parts of skin tissue. (Though doesn’t absorb light and is not a sunscreen.)
- Inhibits the enzyme tyrosinase which aids melanin production, so assists in prevention and reduction of age spots and evens skin tone. (A good lightening agent for Asian and black skin because it doesn't cause post-inflammatory hyper-pigmentation like chemical exfoliants can.)
- Aids control of the inflammatory response associated with skin trauma (sunburn, dermatitis, post-laser resurfacing, for example), a process which rapidly depletes your much-needed supplies of vitamin C. This also helps speed up the healing process
- Enables regeneration of vitamin E, helping skin to feel supple. So while vitamin C protects the water soluble parts of the cell, vitamin E protects the lipid parts, including the membrane
- Some research suggests topical vitamin C can support skin against the emergence of certain types of cancer on two levels. By helping to prevent UVA light generated reactive oxygen species (a type of free radical), which can cause cell mutations that increase the likelihood of developing cancer. And by helping to prevent the negative impact UV light can have on the immune system (also called UV immumosuppression)
Next generation vitamin B technology – 13% niacinamide (vitamin B3)
- Stimulates epidermal ceramide (intercellular lipid) production to keep moisture in the skin, strengthen natural barrier function and improve hydration
- Builds up the skin’s barrier: reduces sensitivity and combats flushing, red cheeks.
- Stimulates collagen by topping up niacinamide (depleted by age) to keep fibroblasts working, for firmer, smoother skin and better elasticity.
- Increases skin's immunity: by helping to prevent UVA light generated reactive oxygen species (a type of free radical), which can cause cell mutations that increase the likelihood of developing cancer. And by helping to prevent the negative impact UV light can have on the immune system (also called UV immumosuppression).
- Reduces existing hyperpigmentation and inhibits transfer of melanosomes (which carry melanin pigment) to the outer skin layer.
- Reduces sensitivity to help eradicate temporary, superficial imperfections.
- Reduces sebaceous oil production and the subsequent occurrence of acne.
Panthenol (vitamin B5) - A water-binding humectant that partners brilliantly with niacinamide to add moisture into the skin
Rose essential oil - A rich emollient which also adds a beautiful light, scent
10% Retinol Molecular™
- Stimulates fibroblasts (cells that produce collagen and elastin) and skin cell DNA to repair UV-induced cell damage, inhibit cell breakdown and stimulate healthy skin cell renewal: restoring dermal thickness to more youthful levels and reducing fine lines
- Increases skin’s nutrient and immune support: vitamin A is essential for healthy skin cell DNA synthesis and is a powerful antioxidant
- Reduces age spots and reverses sun damage – by evenly sloughing hyperpigmented cells in addition to reversing UV-damage done to skin cells (which otherwise results in continued hyperpigmentation); plus inhibits the enzyme tyrosinase, to reduce melanosome size and melanin ‘clumps’
- Up-regulates cell turnover to reduce fine lines, ‘crepeyness’ and roughness in ageing skin; down-regulates cell turnover for better health in acne skins (too-high turnover traps cells in follicles and causes congestion)
- Acts on sebocytes (cells that make up the sebaceous glands) to regulate oil levels
- Antibacterial action reduces Propionibacterium acnes (P. acnes) that build in blocked follicles
- Strengthens skin’s protective barrier to restore natural hydration
- Promotes healthy blood vessel formation and decreases capillary dilation in rosacea patients
Cape rose essential oil – a rich antibacterial with healing properties for acne, bruises, broken capillaries, burns, congested skin, cuts, dermatitis, eczema
Witch hazel – an antioxidant astringent and natural remedy for psoriasis, eczema, scars and skin blemishes
- A new bio-identical (lab-made) peptide that mimics human protein FOXO3a, a gatekeeping factor in DNA protection, and cell repair, renewal and longevity.
- The presence of higher levels of FOXO3a increases cell longevity by repairing DNA damage and reverting ageing in fibroblasts (responsible for secreting collagen and elastin); essentially delivering a ‘youth code’ to help skin cells stay fitter and ‘younger’ for longer.
- This new peptide is also modelled on the molecule responsible for ‘immortality’ (a theoretically unlimited lifespan) in the marine animal Hydra
- In vitro studies showed that a 55-year-old’s fibroblasts recover the characteristics of fibroblasts 10 years younger after 24 hours of treatment with Juveleven™.
- Derived from a species of brown seaweed, this powerful agent accelerates a healing mode that stimulates epidermal stem cells to reconstruct outer skin (from wrinkles and dry, rough skin), by harnessing innate growth factors rather than anything foreign growth factors which are less targeted.
- This game-changing peptide acts on all stages of the collagen life cycle to simulate levels characteristic in youth (stimulates synthesis, reorganises fibres for more suppleness and inhibits breakdown). Skin becomes restructured, strengthened and smoother.
- Trylagen® tests showing wrinkle depth can reduce by up to 29% in one month.
- A sugar secretion from a bacteria that lives on the surface of a marine algae.
- Increases the skin's own production of hyaluronic acid, which occurs naturally in the skin to maintain hydration and volume, but with declining availability with age.
- Hyanify™ tests show increased hydration capacity of the skin by 66%.
- A peptide that hooks onto nerve receptors within the skin that control facial muscles, to soften the biochemical signal responsible for muscle contractions.
- This topical alternative to injections makes muscle contractions temporarily weaker.
- Snap-8™ tests show reduced wrinkle depth of up to 63% over a month of treatment.
Trylagen® – A game-changing peptide that’s active at a cellular level. Acts comprehensively on all stages of the collagen lifecycle to simulate levels characteristic in youth. It boosts collagen and elastin synthesis by stimulating fibroblast activity (fibroblast cells produce collagen and elastin), reorganises collagen fibres to create more suppleness, and inhibits their breakdown. Skin becomes restructured, strengthened, smoother, with Trylagen®’s tests showing wrinkle depth can reduce by up to 29% in one month.
Hyaluronic acid (HA) – This naturally occurring super-hydrator binds 1000x its weight in water into the dermis to help give the skin’s intercellular matrix its structure, improve skin barrier function, and add volume. (Inherent HA levels decline with our age, making a daily boost of real benefit to skin maintenance.)
Planktonic exopolysaccharide – This plankton-derived marine polymer smooths and tightens skin for around six hours, activating 20 minutes after application.
Hema’Tîte™ – The regenerating properties of the iron-rich mineral hematite combine with available vitamin C to promote collagen synthesis, helping to fill wrinkle depth.
Vitamin E antioxidant D-alpha tocopherol helps to reduce skin damage and increases penetration of natural moisturising factor HA