Try them, Love them. Free sachets with every order
We recommend this
A 1% gentle retinol-alternative serum that improves the appearance of fine lines and brightens skin without irritation. If you’re someone who is looking to treat the signs of ageing with the same powerful results without the annoying and detrimental usual after effects of retinol.
The Esse Bakuchiol Serum Lowdown
This lovely vanilla-infused booster serum features one of the best approaches that we suggest to those wanting to keep an eye on ageing: nature’s retinol. It works in a similar way to retinol by influencing the cell gene. Bakuchiol both prevents ageing by boosting skin resilience while simultaneously addressing ageing by reducing wrinkle depth, hyperpigmentation and collagen and elastin degradation. It also helps improve coarse skin texture brilliantly and decreases 'inflammaging'. It will also help with mild acne.
Mrs Ritchie's tip
Switch to a retinol alternative without losing the full anti-aging benefits. Strong retinols are soon to be shown the door because it makes skin sensitive to UV light - a risk pointed out by the FDA due to the impact on the proliferation of cancer cells. In fact bakuchiol does the opposite and suppresses tumour growth.
How To Use
Full Ingredient List
How To Use
Full Ingredient List
FREE UK shipping for orders over £50
What to Expect
Bakuchiol has been shown to provide improvements in key ageing metrics such as:
Twice daily. Smooth a thin layer over face and décolleté after cleansing. Follow with preferred moisturiser.
Bakuchiol: Stimulates the production of collagen, reduces inflammation, and hyperpigmentation. It’s a great retinol alternative during pregnancy.
- Myrothamnus – This extract of the Namibian Resurrection plant is very high in antioxidants and has a rapid moisturisation effect that lasts for 24 hours.
- Hyaluronic acid – Rapidly increase hydration, plumps and firms the skin and reduce inflammation.
- Lactobacillus Ferment – Contain Anti-Microbial Peptides (AMPs) to shift the skin microbiome toward a more balanced state.
- Lactobacillus Extracts – 1 Million tyndallised probiotics per ml improve the barrier function and reduce trans-epidermal water loss.
- Gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) – Repairs barrier function, relaxes the facial muscles to reduce wrinkles, boost skin firmness and improve rough skin.
- Panthenol – Improves barrier function, decrease trans-epidermal water loss and promote wound healing, reduce inflammation and skin irritation.
- Prebiotic mix – Esse’s proprietary prebiotic mix includes Inulin, Alpha-Glucan Oligosaccharides and Yacon root extract to favour the growth of beneficial skin microbes.Tocopherol Vitamin E. Enhances solar protection, blocks the formation of free radicals as a results of environmental stress.
*Ingredients from organic farming
99% of the total ingredients are of natural origin
86% of the total ingredients are from organic farming
We don't want anything standing between you and the best skin you've ever had!
The cut-off for next day delivery is 1pm Monday to Friday.
Royal Mail Tracked 48 is FREE for UK orders with the value of £50 or above.
The paid shipping options are:
£3.95 for Royal Mail tracked 48 hr delivery aim (for orders up to £49.99)
£5.95 for Royal Mail tracked 24 hr delivery aim
£7.95 for DPD next day guaranteed*.
Next day UK delivery is only available on orders placed Monday to Thursday. Please note, if you place an order after 1pm, this will be delivered in 2 working days. Orders placed after Friday 1pm will be dispatched from us on Monday.
- We offer a UK £13.50 Saturday delivery option with DPD for orders placed before Friday 1pm GMT. No Saturday delivery surcharge with Royal Mail deliveries but please note they aim for, but do not guarantee next day delivery.
*Next day means 1-2 days for deliveries to Northern Ireland, and 2-3 days to remote areas of the UK such as the Scottish Highlands, Channel Islands, Scillies and Isle of Man.
Online track and trace numbers are assigned to packages upon shipping from our distribution centre.
European and worldwide delivery £8-20. 5-7 working day delivery aim. A signature is required. Local taxes paid by consignee at customs
Our story started in 2014, after skin expert, Helen Ritchie trained with world leading cosmetic doctors and formulators. Helen saw a need for virtual consultations and extraordinary skincare delivered to your home, without the need to visit her clinic. "Your daily skincare routine makes all the difference to your skin health - from it looks to how good you feel.” With that, MRS RITCHIE was born.